SQA Exams Update and Key Dates
The main SQA diet for Selkirk High School students will begin on Wednesday 29 April with Higher Administration, and end with Higher Psychology on Tuesday 2 June. During this period study leave will operate as follows:
Those students sitting three or more National 5 exams will be on study leave from Wednesday 29 April until Friday 29 May inclusive. Pupils may be required to come in to complete outstanding assessments, and this will be arranged between teachers and students.
Those students sitting fewer than three (one or two) National 5 exams will be expected to come into school and will follow a normal timetable. Where appropriate some work based learning will also be available. Students who fall into this category will get two days study leave prior to any National 5 exam.
All S4 pupils should return to school on Friday 29 May at 9.30am for a Work Experience meeting or to complete leavers’ forms as appropriate.
All S5 and S6 students will be on study leave from Wed 29 April - Friday 29 May inclusive
The purpose of study leave is to allow students to study/revise independently at home. However students are very welcome to come into school during this period in order to study or seek help from teachers. If students do come in to school then, for safety reasons, they must sign in and out at the school office.
Arrangements following exam leave -
1 June – 5 June
- S4 students on work experience
- S5 students on Challenge. Those students not going will be expected to attend school as normal.
8June – 13 June
- Monday 8 June – New timetable starts. New S5/6 attend Safe T
- Tuesday 9 June - S5/6 attend Induction Programme; S5 in the morning, S6 all day
- Wednesday 10 June – Normal timetable
- Thursday 11 June/Friday 12 June – Common Riding holiday.