NOTES FOR STUDENTS
- All UCAS applications must be made online.
- Any reading material relating to UCAS can be found in the school library and online.
- Selkirk High School’s UCAS number is S13979L for students reference
- Buzzword for Selkirk High School is Shsuniversity2022. Students must type the Buzzword as detailed on this sheet – no spaces with buzzword)
- Discuss draft forms with Pastoral Staff
Deadline for Oxford/Cambridge for courses in Medicine/Dentistry and Veterinary medicine is 15th October. However, due to school holidays applications must be processed and sent off by 8th October 2021
- When students have completed their form (by Monday 1st November ) they must provide a paper copy together with password and pass to their Pastoral Teacher
- Payment to UCAS must be made online using either a debit/credit card . Please note that your application will not be processed with UCAS until payment has been received. The school cannot take responsibility for any outstanding fees.
- Pastoral staff will write student references and email to JBryson@scotborders.gov.uk for processing by Wednesday 1st December 2021
- All forms will be checked and references added as soon as they have been submitted to Pastoral Staff. A paper copy of student references will be provided for all UCAS applicants.
- By Wednesday 15th December all applications will be submitted to UCAS
- All applicants will receive confirmation from both Selkirk High School and UCAS that their application has been processed.
- Any late applications to UCAS must be discussed with Pastoral/SLT.
SELKIRK HIGH SCHOOL
September 2021 Student Research
September 2021 Draft Personal Statement to Pastoral Teacher
September 2021 Reference Proformas to staff
15th October 2021 Deadline for Oxford/Cambridge for courses in
Medicine/Dentistry and Veterinary medicine However, due to school holidays applications must be processed and sent off by 8th October 2021
1st November 2021 All UCAS applications to Pastoral Teacher in paper
format together with relevant passwords.
1st December 2021 References completed by Pastoral Staff
15th December 2021 All applications processed/finalised and submitted to UCAS.